We are currently searching for a Conveyancing Junior to help support our busy conveyancing team here in Bury St Edmunds.
Assisting solicitors with casework management, providing administrative support and helping to arrange consultations for clients and potential clients will be key aspects of your role.
Conveyancing Junior key tasks and responsibilities:
- Operating our case management system to accurately prepare documents, including letters, forms, invoices etc from digital dictation
- Photocopying, faxing, emailing and taking notes/minutes at meeting
- Helping clients and enquirers by phone and in person, arranging consultations, call-backs and other appointments
- Making tea/coffee for clients and the team when requested
- Assist with casework in accordance with instructions, for example downloading title documents from HM Land Registry, preparing and sending out initial paperwork to clients and submitting searches
- Monitoring diary notes and keeping record of key dates, forthcoming events & deadlines
- Ad hoc duties to assist the department, including business development and marketing
Desired skills & experience:
Suitable for school leavers and upwards, you will be expected to work effectively with the business to ensure outstanding standards of quality, client care and client satisfaction at all times.
The ability to proactively manage your own tasks, daily workflow, post and email, along with the maturity to respect client confidentially at all times is crucial to this role.
- Confident, clear and articulate, verbally and in writing
- Well presented and pleasant telephone manner
- Ability to work in a planned and organised way, along with the ability to multitask
- Computer and web literate, to include use of Microsoft Office products, e.g Word, Outlook and Excel
- Proactive and willing to assist colleagues and clients to achieve successful outcomes
- Able to build effective relationships with colleagues, clients and relevant third parties
- Strictly maintains client confidentiality
- Good GCSEs or equivalent in Maths and English
- Administrative experience
- Experience working in either a legal, retail customer service or professional services business
About Burnett Barker Solicitors
As one of Bury St Edmunds’ best-known law firms, we have a proud reputation for putting our clients at the centre of everything we do and for delivering excellent results for them.
Our new offices are right in the town centre and we a friendly and enthusiastic team of over 30 people.
Working hours for this role will be 9.30am-5pm.
Apply with CV and covering letter to Admin.email@example.com