Burnett Barker Solicitors is a highly-regarded legal firm in the heart of Bury St. Edmunds, offering a dynamic working environment.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Full-Time Secretary.
Our open plan offices, with free Wi-Fi and refreshments for staff, promote a relaxed atmosphere and allow staff to work and collaborate in team groups.
With an enviably low staff turnover rate and a challenging yet friendly and happy working environment, working at Burnett Barker Solicitors could be your perfect next career move!
Full Time Secretary Role
This is a newly created Full-Time Secretary role, working with our new Dispute Resolution Lawyer for a range of business and consumer clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Answering calls, taking messages and handling correspondence
- Maintaining diaries and arranging appointments
- Typing, preparing and collating reports
- Organising and servicing meetings (producing agendas and taking minutes)
- Managing databases
- Acting as a receptionist and/or meeting and greeting clients
The successful candidate will be able to show evidence of the following skills and attributes:
- Previous litigation experience would be distinctly advantageous but we will consider other types of with legal experience.
- Experience of audio typing either in a legal or medical environment
- Must be numerate and have good ability to spell
- Clear and concise communication skills at all levels
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work well under pressure
This is a full-time post working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (9am – 5.30pm). We are offering an attractive salary of £19,200 plus workplace pensions subject to eligibility, paid holiday of 28 days and more – read more about working for Burnett Barker here.
How to Apply
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our team, please apply here with an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!