Are you a Criminal Defence Solicitor looking for your next legal challenge?
We are recruiting for a new criminal defence solicitor at our expanding modern law firm in Bury St Edmunds. If you are a qualified solicitor with at least two years of current experience, then we would love for you to join us.
Take a look at the brief job description below and apply direct to Spider Web Recruitment if you think this is you…
Job Title Criminal Defence Solicitor
Salary £25000 – £35000 Per Annum Dependent on experience
Location Ipswich – Suffolk
Established in 1979, Burnett Barker Solicitors offer practical legal advice across a variety of sectors. As a Criminal Defence Solicitor, you will be responsible for providing a high standard of criminal defence advice and services to publicly-funded and private clients, across the region.
All levels of criminal defence experience will be considered, and recently qualified candidates will be supported to acquire Duty Solicitor accreditation and, further professional qualification including Higher Rights of Audience.
Other key responsibilities within this role:
- Represent clients at Magistrates Courts
- Assist clients at the police station, including some out of hours work in the area
- Ensure the efficient day to day progress of your matters, prioritising work as necessary and keeping the client informed of all progress
- Accurately record all work carried out on the firms computerised system
- Ensure that all work meets or exceeds the requirements in the SRA Code of Conduct, the LAA’s Standard Contract, and meets Quality Mark standards.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Fully qualified Solicitor
- At least 2 years current experience of criminal defence work
- Higher Rights of Audience (advantageous but not essential)
- Duty Solicitor accredited (advantageous but not essential)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Excellent time management
On offer is a salary of £ 25,000 – £35,000 per annum dependant on experience, and the contribution the successful candidate makes to the firm. We are also offering a generous out of hours bonus plus other benefits including 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays, a pension scheme and a company laptop and mobile phone.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company and work with a dedicated team and highly respected criminal defence team.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join this incredibly successful company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV to Megan McCusker at Spider Recruitment as soon as possible.
**Please do not apply direct – This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiters. They provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.**