Background image

Making a complaint

Unhappy with our service?

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance

In the first instance, it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns, and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage.

Making a formal complaint

Our full complaints procedure [PDF] includes further details, including how to make a formal complaint. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

If we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then the Legal Ombudsman expects complaints to be made to them within a year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned (or within a year of you realising there was a concern). You must also refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response to you.

If you would like more information about the legal ombudsman, please contact them:
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Write to: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH

Alternative Complaints Bodies

Alternative complaints bodies such as ProMediate (UK) Limited exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. We will consider entering into an ADR process with ProMediate, subject to your agreement. Further details are available on their website

The Solicitors Regulation Authority

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

There is more information on the Solicitors Regulation Authority website, including details of how and when to contact them.