Executive Assistant Vacancy
We have a vacancy for a full-time Executive Assistant at our law firm in Bury St Edmunds.
As an Executive Assistant, you will work closely with the CEO to maximise time efficiently, handling all secretarial and administrative tasks on his behalf. This key position requires a large amount of autonomy, to be adept at prioritisation, often having to work with little guidance.
You will act as the first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation, screen phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handle them when appropriate to do so.
The Executive Assistant will also be responsible for organising and maintaining the CEO’s diary and making appointments as requested and required, and dealing with incoming email, faxes and post whilst corresponding on behalf of the CEO as required.
Key duties of the role
- Arranging internal and external training and staff events.
- Ensure all business insurances are up to date and relevant for each area of the business.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of Health and Safety within the offices to include first aid and fire.
- Systemise all areas of the business, devise and maintain office systems, including data management and filing.
- Establish and maintain new databases to handle new business enquiries.
- Assist with the management of the company website.
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support as required.
Skills and experience
The ideal Executive Assistant will have previous PA / secretarial experience ideally gained from a legal environment. You will be confident in using a range of software packages including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. You will also have clear, concise communication skills (both written and verbal). Logical thinking is required as well as the ability to follow instructions and pay high attention to detail, along with excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
The Executive Assistant is a full-time position working Monday to Friday. You will be based in our office in beautiful Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. On offer is a salary of £25000-£27000 per annum, depending on experience.
What you can expect
- You will join a well-established team who are supportive of one another.
- A comprehensive, and most importantly, structured onboarding process.
- Relevant training to help you progress within your career.
- A positive work-life balance. We wholeheartedly encourage our employees to switch off and enjoy life outside of work.
- A friendly working environment. As a firm, we also try to get together as often as we can for social functions, whether that’s a BBQ or Christmas drinks.
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays), plus we usually close the office between Christmas and New year, which is gifted as additional (non-contractual) paid holiday. We also offer pension contributions for eligible employees.
How to apply
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply for the role through recruitment specialists, Spider using the following link Executive Assistant, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk - Spider (spiderrecruit.co.uk)
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.